- Location: Idaho, United States.
- Founded: 1970 by Tom Cade.
- Species: American Kestrel, Aplomado Falcon, California Condor, Crowned Eagle, and Peregrine Falcon.
The Peregrine Fund was founded to restore the Peregrine Falcon. The efforts made by the fund were successful, and it saw the Peregrine Falcon removed from the U.S. Endangered Species List in 1999. Their focus has then expanded to include more than 100 bird species in 65 countries.
The Peregrine Fund aims to protect birds worldwide through research, breeding programs, conserving habitats, and education.
How to help
Do you want to support the work of The Peregrine Fund to protect and breed endangered birds worldwide, then click on the donate button and go to their website.
- Environmental Organizations in South America
- Yellow-Eared Parrot: Why is it Endangered?
- Endangered Species in Oklahoma